The first Dutch FinTech Awards on 20 April 2015 turned out to be a succes. On 20 April 2015 Pieter Duisenberg (VVD), Theodor Kockelkoren (AFM), René Frijters (KNAB), Willem Willemstein (Velocity Capital) and Henk Nijboer (PVDA) discussed the future of the financial sector
This discussion marked the beginning of a mind-blowing, thought-provoking and inspirational day. Visited by 300 hand-picked entrepreneurs, challengers, bankers, investors and advisors and 50 most innovative and disruptive FinTech companies. Some of the highlights were:
(1) A grand opening panel discussion on the future of finance with a.o. Martijn Aslander (trend watcher), Pieter Duisenberg (VVD), Theodor Kockelkoren (AFM), René Frijters (KNAB), Willem Willemstein (Velocity Capital) and Henk Nijboer (PVDA), moderated by Vincent Everts, trendwatcher and digiguru.
(2) Panel discussion on the future of payments. How will the new payment services directive (PSD2) affect financial services in Europe? What lessons can we learn from ApplePay and Google Wallet? Are e-wallets, mobile, wearable and biometric solutions getting traction? What will be the impact of the blockchain technology? With a.o. Mark Buitenhek (Global Head ING Transaction Services), Artie Debidien (former CIO KNAB), Daniel van Delft (Country Manager NL Visa Europe), Gijs op de Weegh (Payvision) and Rutger van Zuidam (@intobitcoin).
(3) Panel discussion on the future of SME finance. Small & medium-sized enterprises have a hard time to get financed. And yet, SME financing is key for job creation. Crowdfunders are getting traction although their marketshare is still modest. Is stapled finance the way to go? Do we need alternative lending for rejected SMEs as is the case in the UK? What should banks and policy makers do? With o.a. Hans Biesheuvel (ONL), Ronald Kleverlaan (Crowdfunding Evangelist) and Peter Verhaar (Co-founder Alex.nl).
(4) Round tables on FinTech investment, digital disruption of financial services, the future of insurance, : SME Finance, wealth and personal finance management and Big Data & advance analytics .
(5) The announcement of the winners of the Dutch FinTech Awards 2015: Adyen (overall winner) AcceptEmail (payments), Five degrees (banking IT), Bux (personal finance), Bitonic (Bitcoins) Sparkholder (intelligence&analytics) and Symbid (SME finance).
The Dutch FinTech Awards 2015 was widely covered in the press
Meet the 2015 Dutch FinTech 50